Show Up! 2015 was a major SUCCESS! We are so proud of our staff and students for pulling off an incredible show filled with both compelling and comic narratives. THANK YOU to everyone who showed up for the performance. A special thank you to The Pinkerton Foundation for its extraordinarily generous Lead Gift, as well as the New York City Council’s Dropout Prevention & Intervention Initiative and the New York City Department of Education.
This year we were able to extend the reach of our programming and impact to accomplish the following:
- Impact Attendance Improvement: This year approximately 93% of partnership program students improved their attendance. 82% of those students raised their attendance to 90% or above.
- Program Expansion into Transfer Schools: Manhattan Comprehensive Night and Day High School (MCNDHS) is a one-of-a-kind public high school for non-traditional students ages seventeen to twenty-one. Students have the opportunity to attend either night or day classes while working full-time and attending to adult responsibilities.
- Performance at an Off-Broadway Theater: This year marked a truly special Show UP experience with the inclusion of original public service announcements for each school, steppers and more!
- Special Shout-out from Actor, Writer and Comedian – JB Smoove: JB Smoove was kind enough to create his own video announcement recognizing the importance of our work and wishing us a great show! Check it out here!
- Family & Friends Support: ENACT family and friends helped to make this show one-of-a-kind! Over 300 individuals attended the show to support and cheer on our kids.
As we move on from Show UP, we here at ENACT are preparing to launch our first student-based YouTube channel! This platform will be filled with student-centered content and will represent a new platform for our programming. The launch will feature content from the PSAs as well as the compilation of historical content. More details to follow soon!
Thank you ALL for SHOWING UP!